- newObama agenda withstanding IRS focus on tea party groups, Benghazi fallout, other controversies
President Barack Obama attends a roundtable at the Center for Urban Families (CFUF) in Baltimore, Friday, May 17, 2013, during his second "Middle Class Jobs and Opportunity Tour". CFUF is a Baltimore non-profit whose mission is to strengthen urban co…
- 9 hours ago, 18 May 13, 2:27pm -
- newObama agenda seems to be weathering controversies - NBC40.net
(AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). President Barack Obama gestures as he speaks at Ellicott Dredges in Baltimore, Friday, May 17, 2013, during his second "Middle Class Jobs and Opportunity Tour".
- 15 hours ago, 18 May 13, 7:45am -
- newExclusive: Italian opera singers seek UNESCO protection
The financial crisis and the near-collapse of the Maggio Musicale in Florence have left opera singers fearing that their profession will be wiped out.
- 2 days ago, 17 May 13, 8:18am -
- newMac Planet: Apple and security
I still meet people who appear surprised that Apple devices remain largely untroubled by viruses and malware. It's true Apple regularly releases Security Updates for Mac OS, but these are mostly designed to close avenues into the...
- 3 days ago, 16 May 13, 4:31am -
- newThe Canary in the Copper Mine (is dead)
By: Laura Paskus How New Mexico's copper industry wrote its own rules Close your eyes, and picture a radical. Bill Olson is not that guy. With a neat brown beard and a fondness for western shirts and jackets, even the occasional bolo tie, he's the qu…
- 4 days ago, 15 May 13, 3:45am -
- newEmanuel not getting the jobs done?
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has rolled out a stream of what he's billed as pro-business initiatives and stood with dozens of corporations making jobs announcements during his first two years in office, but a clear majority of voters in a new Tribune/WGN-TV po…
- 6 days ago, 13 May 13, 2:25am -
- new73 m youth will be unemployed by 2013: ILO
With queues for jobs getting longer and longer across the world, the younger generation is at grave risk in the years to come, says a new ILO report. The report, Global Unemployment Trend...
- 9 days ago, 9 May 13, 3:43pm -
- Railgate: Close aide of Bansal's nephew surrenders before Delhi court
New Delhi, May 7 (ANI) A close aide of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal's nephew Vijay Singla surrendered before a Delhi court on Tuesday in connection with the cash-for-jobs scam in the railways.
- 11 days ago, 7 May 13, 11:16am -
- SEC's White: Investor Protection Key To JOBS Act
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch ) - The Securities and Exchange Commission's new chairman, Mary Jo White, on Wednesday told a small business advisory panel that she wants to implement the JOBS Act - which seeks to ease access to capital for small businesses…
- 17 days ago, 1 May 13, 7:35pm -
- Contra Costa Fire Protection District May Close Two More Stations
After the closure of four stations so far this year, the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District may close two additional stations citing a lack of revenue.
- 25 days ago, 24 Apr 13, 12:13am -