- newMore alcohol and traffic laws mean fewer traffic deaths, NYU Steinhardt study concludes
( New York University ) States with a higher number of alcohol- and traffic-related laws have a lower proportion of traffic deaths than do states with fewer such laws on the books, a study by researchers at NYU's Steinhardt School of Culture, Educati…
- 20 hours ago, 5 Dec 13, 4:38pm -
- newStudy points to differences in high-school crack, powder cocaine use
( New York University ) The use of crack and powder cocaine both varies and overlaps among high school seniors, researchers at NYU and NYU Langone Medical Center have found. Their findings point to the need to take into account both common and differ…
- 21 hours ago, 5 Dec 13, 3:47pm -
- newSister Mary Nerney, Advocate for Women in Prison, Dies at 75
Sister Mary founded an organization that helps women imprisoned for killing their batterers, as well as a program to teach female ex-convicts construction trades.
- 1 day ago, 5 Dec 13, 1:54am -
- newCapella University Announces Grants and Savings of up to $13,725 for New Students
As part of its ongoing effort to make higher education more affordable, Capella University , a regionally accredited online university* that offers online degree programs designed to help working adults advance in their careers, is offering an update…
- 2 days ago, 4 Dec 13, 11:00pm -
- newCuba an example in the rehabilitation of the blind
IN the closing session of their 4th Congress, members of the National Blind Association (ANCI) presented President Raúl Castro Ruz with the Bastón de Cristal distinction, which was received by Council of State Vice President Salvador Valdés Mesa.
- 2 days ago, 4 Dec 13, 10:58pm -
- newPsychosis Risk Syndrome Is Back
It was at a cocktail party 4 years ago that I first heard about the plan to include a “Psychosis Risk Syndrome” in DSM-5. The idea was to diagnose and treat subthreshold psychotic symptoms early enough to prevent the later development of full-blo…
- 10 days ago, 26 Nov 13, 4:58pm -
- Spotlight on X-STEM Speaker Dr. Michael Shermer! [USA Science and Engineering Festival: The Blog]
X-STEM - presented by Northrop Grumman Foundation and MedImmune - is an Extreme STEM symposium for elementary through high school students featuring interactive presentations by an exclusive group of visionaries who aim to empower and inspire kids ab…
- 11 days ago, 25 Nov 13, 10:03pm -
- Latino students in Arlington explore careers
Annual leadership conference offers students role models and information about college and careers.
- 12 days ago, 24 Nov 13, 7:56pm -
- Science, Engineering Degrees Grew Twice as Fast as Others, Report Says
The number of STEM degrees earned in the last 5 years grew exceptionally.
- 15 days ago, 21 Nov 13, 5:47pm -
- DeAnza High students in El Sobrante excited by hands-on learning
Sen. Darrell Steinberg, Assemblywoman Joan Buchanan and other education officials visited DeAnza High to promote "Linked Learning," which highlights three career pathways at the school: health, law and technology. The state has set aside a $250 milli…
- 27 days ago, 9 Nov 13, 4:15am -